IPMBA Annual Conference
Schedule and Program
29th Annual IPMBA Conference | April 8-13, 2019 | Fort Worth, Texas
How to Register...View Details Online
Ready to Register?
Download Registration Packet (PDF)
Download Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration Packet (PDF)
IPMBA Training Courses
IPMBA’s training and certification courses range from 3-5 days in length. These comprehensive, multi-day courses provide essential training for public safety personnel in general and specialized bicycle operations. Course attendees may attend workshops on Thursday, Friday, and/or Saturday at no extra charge (schedules permitting), and everyone will have a chance to test their mettle in Friday's Obstacle Course Competition, followed by the Graduation and Awards Ceremony. For full course descriptions, including model schedule, pre-requisites, equipment requirements, and testing procedures, visit the training page. Current IPMBA membership required for all training courses.
Offering essential, dynamic, and innovative on-bike sessions AND insightful and information-packed in-class workshops, the IPMBA workshops are ideal for new and experienced police, EMS, and security cyclists as well as supervisors and administrators. Workshops are included in the fee for multi-day courses (schedules permitting). A 2.5-day (Thursday-Saturday) workshop-only option is also available. All participants are invited to compete in Friday's Obstacle Course Competition, followed by the Graduation and Awards Ceremony.
Schedule at a Glance
Course descriptions can be found at About the Courses.
IPMBA Instructor Course – April 8-12, 2019 – $775 (includes Saturday workshops; night ops sponsored by Police Bike Store) -- sold out!
IPMBA Maintenance Officer Course – April 8-12, 2019 – $625 (includes Saturday workshops) -- sold out!
IPMBA Police/EMS/Security Cyclist Course – April 8-11, 2019 – $400 (includes Friday-Saturday workshops; sponsored by EMSWorld; night ops sponsored by Police Bike Store)
IPMBA Police/EMS/Security Cyclist II Course – April 8-10, 2019 – $500 (includes Thursday-Saturday workshops) -- sold out!
IPMBA Bicycle Response Team Training – April 8-10, 2019 – $575 (includes Thursday-Saturday workshops)
**Register early! Fees increase $50 on March 1, 2019.**
April 11-13, 2019 (Fees range $350-$500 based on membership and registration status)
- 1 x 1 Policing: New Approaches to Community-Oriented Policing
- Advanced Off-Road Riding
- Advanced Suspect Contacts
- Bicycle Low-Light Firearms Training
- Bicycle Response Team Training Instructor Seminar ($35)
- Bicycle Response Team Roundtable
- Bike Maintenance 101/102
- Blown Up and Struck by Lightning
- Campus Community Policing
- Car Stops: Preparing for the Worst Case Scenario
- Creating a Full-Time Bicycle team
- Creating a Practical (and Fun) Bicycle In-Service Training Program
- Disc Brake Clinic
- DIRT Devo for the IPMBA Instructor
- Discovering Your Urban Riding Playground
- E-Bikes and Public Safety: A Skills Primer
- Electrified: An Introduction to E-Bikes for IPMBA Instructors
- EMSCI to PCI/SCI Transition Course ($15)
- Equipment Selection in an Evolving Industry
- Exploring the Trinity River Trails
- Firearms and Street Survival
- Krav Maga for Public Safety Cyclists
- Nightlife District Operations and Tactics
- PCI/SCI to EMSCI Transition Course ($15)
Preparing Bike Operations for National Security Special Events (NSSE)- CANCELLED
- Technical/Off-Road Skill Building 101
- Technical/Off-Road Skill Building 102
echnical/Off-Road Skill Building 201- CANCELLED
- Tourism-Oriented Policing
Exhibit Hall – April 10-11, 2019
Outdoor Demo – April 12, 2019
Competition & Awards Ceremony – April 12, 2019
View Details Online...Ready to Register? Register Online...Download Registration Packet (PDF)...Download Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration Packet (PDF; to use the tab-through function effectively, download the PDF, complete the form, and then save it as a new file, ideally, your company name, before emailing to email@example.com.)