IPMBA Annual Conference
Location and Logistics
28th Annual IPMBA Conference ~ June 4-9, 2018 ~ Saint Louis, Missouri
How to Register. View Details Online. Register Online (attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors). Download the attendee registration packet. Download the exhibitor registration packet.
Washington University in Saint Louis, One Brookings Drive, Saint Louis MO 63130
Washington University Residence Halls (6618 Shepley Drive, Saint Louis MO 63130)
You MUST book residence hall rooms online.
The dormitories at Washington University are suites, not the traditional bathroom-down-the-hall-style dorms. The suites are comprised of four single bedrooms sharing a common area and a bathroom. If you do not identify suitemates when you book your reservation, suitemates will be assigned based upon gender. For security reasons, suitemates must request one another. Prices are per person and include breakfast, a linen package (sheets, pillow and case, blanket, two bath towels, two washcloths, a bar of soap, and a plastic cup), and wi-fi. Buildings are air-conditioned. Lounges feature cable TV, laundry, kitchenette, and vending machines. Smoking and tobacco use are prohibited. There are no televisions, alarm clocks, toiletries, coffee makers, or other amenities typically found in hotel rooms. Housekeeping services are not provided. Click here for additional details, terms, and conditions, and to book. Reservations accepted February 1-May 4, 2018.
Parking passes must be purchased in advance with your conference registration. Marked units are NOT exempt. If you park on campus without a permit, you will be ticketed and fined.
Rate: $51.50 per person per night (four single rooms per suite) + $40 one-time linen and reservation fee. You must book online using MC, Visa, Discover, or American Express. Reservations will be accepted February 1-May 1, 2018. For assistance with online reservations, call 314-935-6680.
Conference Hotel (local shuttle service not provided)
Clayton Plaza Hotel (1.5 bike-able miles); 7750 Carondelet Avenue, Clayton MO 63105. $124 + 16.61% tax. Book online or call 314-726-5400 and mention Group Code INP. Single Kings or Double Queens. Rate includes in-room WiFi, full buffet breakfast, airport shuttle service (6:00am-10:00pm), and parking. Oversized vehicle (limit 6'7") parking is $30 per day; advance notification required. The hotel is smoke-free. Cutoff: May 10, 2018, or sellout.
The Lambert-Saint Louis International Airport, approximately 10 miles/15 minutes from Washington University, is served by Air Canada, Air Choice One, Alaska Airlines, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, and XSTRAirways. It offers non-stop flights and easy connections through many major US hubs.
Shuttle service from Lambert will be provided by the host agency. You MUST register in advance for shuttle service (arrival and departure) on the 2018 IPMBA Conference Airport Shuttle page. The Clayton Plaza offers shuttle service but may not be able to accommodate bicycles.
Saint Louis is located at the geographic hub of the United States. It is accessible via I-71, I-64, I-44, and I-55. It is within 500 miles of Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbia MO, Des Moines, Indianapolis, Jackson MS, Kansas City, Little Rock, Louisville, Memphis, Milwaukee, Nashville, Omaha, Springfield, Topeka, Tulsa, and Wichita. The Clayton Plaza Hotel offers free guest parking; $30 per day for over-height vehicles (limit 6'7'').
Parking passes for on-campus parking (residents and commuters) must be purchased in advance with your conference registration. Marked units are NOT exempt. If you park without a permit, you will be ticketed and fined.
IPMBA has partnered with BikeFlights for bicycle shipping services. BikeFlights also offers instructions on how to securely pack a bicycle for shipping. Visit How to Pack A Bicycle for Shipping. The following shipping options are available.
Contact: Phone: 314-827-6640. You must email BWorks in advance to make arrangements for shipping and other services. Do not just ship your bike.
Package Includes: Storage, assembly and adjustment, delivery to and pick-up from conference site, disassembly, and packing. Printing a return label when scheduling your shipment via UPS or FEDEX or arranging shipping via Bike Flights is required.
Cost: $175, NOT including return shipping. Bicycles will be repacked in the packaging in which they arrive. Attach your name and contact information to the frame. Do not ship personal items with the bike.
Shipping Address: We recommend shipping your bike at least fourteen business days prior to your date of arrival. Any bikes received three days or closer to the event may be subject to a rush fee of $75.
28th Annual IPMBA Conference
c/o Saint Louis BWorks
24 Menard Street
Saint Louis MO 63104
Arrival Date: [DATE YOU WILL ARRIVE in Saint Louis so your bike build can be prioritized].
If you are staying on the Wash U Campus and wish to ship your bike to yourself for self-assembly, ship to:
IPMBA Conference at Wash U
Attn: YOUR NAME
Hitzeman Student Mail Center, South 40, Wash U in Saint Louis
6515 Wydown Blvd.
Saint Louis MO 63105-2215
If you are staying at the Clayton Plaza, you may ship your bike to yourself for self-assembly with no storage charge.
Bike Rentals are available through American Bicycle Patrol Services. Black Fuji patrol bikes are equipped with rear rack and rack bag, water bottle cage, and rear-mount kick stand. Basic lighting can be added for a nominal charge. Bring your own pedals with your preferred pedal retention and light system if you are participating in the Instructor Course, the Police-EMS-Security Cyclist Course, or the Nightlife District Operations and Tactics workshop.
- Five-day rental (Monday-Friday, June 4-8): $125
- Two-day rental (Thursday-Friday, June 7-8): $50
- Saturday rental (June 9): $25
WELCOME TO SAINT LOUIS AND WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
Saint Louis is...
- where 7-Up was invented
- where the ice cream cone was first invented
- known for toasted ravioli, gooey butter cake, and provel cheese
- where The 1904 World's Fair was held
- the first American city to host the Olympics
- formerly known as the largest shoe-manufacturing center in the world
- popular for its St. Louis Zoo – one of the best in the country next to San Diego's zoo
- proud to house the Missouri Botanical Gardens – among the top three botanical gardens in the world
- where the very first kindergarten was founded in the U.S.
- where the first interstate highway was built
- home to Saint Louis University – the oldest university west of the Mississippi
- home to the largest beer-producing plant in the nation – Anheuser-Busch
- where the tallest monument in the U.S. (630 ft. tall) was built – known as The Gateway Arch
- the city that hosts the largest Mardis Gras celebration outside of New Orleans
- known to consume more BBQ sauce per capita than any other American city
- home-sweet-home to:
- Jack Dorsey (creator of Twitter and Square)
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Track & Field Olympian)
- Ozzie Smith (MLB Hall-of-Famer and former St. Louis Cardinals player)
- Nelly (hip-hop artist)
- Sheryl Crowe (9-time Grammy Award winner)
- Maya Angelou (poet)
- Vincent Price (actor)
- Rusty Wallace (NASCAR Champion)
- Russ Mitchell (news anchor on CBS' 'The Early Show')
- Yogi Berra (19-year MLB player)
- Kevin Kline (Academy Award-winning actor)
- John Goodman (TV, film and stage actor)
- Sarah Clarke (actress, 'Twilight')
Get ready to Explore Saint Louis!