by Mo Ibrahim, PCI #1326-BT/EMSCI #321T-B
Metropolitan (DC) Police Department
I’m on the top level of a set of stairs. My goal? Ride the bike down the stairs without falling! As I’m approaching the stair descent, I’m off the saddle, leaning back, pedals are at three and nine, and I’m looking ahead. Mission Complete. All thanks to the Fuji Code 3-XT Police Mountain Bike. The Code 3-XT was spec’d for and is available exclusively through Police Bike Store.
Do you want a light bike, but one which can withstand the daily abuse of being a public safety cyclist? This is the bike to get. For all you weight weenies out there, this bike is light and very easy to handle. It has an aluminum frame and Shimano components. Have a lot of people run away from you? This bike has 30 speeds, and the Shimano components won’t let you down!
EMS riders: do you need to get up the steps? This bike is light, and even combined with your panniers and equipment, you will ascend steps effortlessly.
When it comes to the bike, we all want speed and comfort. I have taken this bike out to the IPMBA cone course. Although it always takes skill to successfully complete the cone course, the bike was very responsive.
Please feel free to reach out to Michael Espejo for a test ride. You won’t be disappointed. This might be the beginning of your new ride!
For more information about the Fuji Code 3-XT Police Mountain Bike, visit www.policebikestore.com. Police Bike Store is a Corporate Member and participates in the IPMBA Product Purchase Program.
Fuji Code 3-XT Police Mountain Bike Specifications
- Color: Matte Black w/ White
- Main frame: Fuji custom-butted aluminum frame
- Fork: Rockshox XC32 TK 27.5 Solo Air with Poploc remote handlebar switch lockout, 100mm travel
- Crankset: Shimano FC-M522 Deore Octalink, 42/32/24T
- Bottom bracket: Shimano Octalink, sealed bearing
- Pedals: Alloy platform w/ toeclip
- Front derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore XT 10-speed
- Shifters: Shimano Deore XT Rapid Fire, 10-speed w/ optical gear display
- Cassette: Shimano HG50-10, 11-36T, 10-speed
- Chain: KMC X1011, 10-speed
- Wheelset: Shimano MT-15 27.5 MTB Wheelset
- Tires: Schwalbe Big Ben, 27.5 x 2.0”, 50tpi
- Brake set: Shimano Deore, mechanical disc, 160mm rotors
- Brake levers: Shimano Deore, alloy linear pull
- Headset: FSA 1 1/8” semi-integrated, caged bearings
- Handlebar: 6061 alloy, flat, 31.8mm, 5° sweep, 620mm wide
- Stem: Dragon 09 alloy, 31.8mm, adjustable rise 90 -110mm
- Grips: Phorm g/230 ergonomic with integrated bar ends
- Saddle: WTB Speed V Comp Police comfort w/ satin steel rails
- Seat post: Oval Concepts, alloy, 27.2mm, double-bolt micro-adjust
- Included Extras: Rear Mounted Kickstand, Rear Rack
Mo has been on the MPD’s Mountain Bike Tactical Unit for seven years, and has used the mountain bike during many operations. He has patrolled on bike during the day shift, where burglaries were on the rise, and during the evening hours, when robberies and thefts were also increasing. He has worked the last two Presidential Inaugurations on the bike. He taught the Bicycle Response Team Training and a Nightlife District Operations and Tactics workshop at the 2016 IPMBA Conference, and was certified as an IPMBA Instructor Trainer in September 2016. He can be reached at Mohamed.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Courtesy Police Bike Store.
(c) 2016 IPMBA. This review appeared in the Fall 2016 issue of IPMBA News.